RSS

FLUORIDE removal, EMF brekers, CANCER Cures
Fukushima and CHEMTRAILS
powered by

My Blog

Martial Arts

MARTIAL ARTS
One man intending to enrol his son in Karate classes recently asked me how many Karate Dan I held?

———
I attained 3rd Dan in Goju karate in 1984. After that I taught with 3 of my own schools in Sydney Australia.

I fought in the boxing and kickboxing ring over the decades and evolved with the globalisation of the martial arts. I spent years of endless rounds in the ring with many teachers, fighters and high champs from all parts of the globe. I learnt from all styles.

Later I went into the military. Infantry, Commando and intelligence training, some of which included Commando unarmed combat.

I studied with Judo, Jiu Jiutsu, Kung fu, MMA, Pankration, other self defense masters. I fought many opponents over the years.

For well over a decade I worked security in nightclubs including Kings Cross, Sydney. It’s also worth the mention to say that I walked the streets of inner Sydney as many of my friends did growing up.

Today I teach a handful of students and don’t use a grading system.

Just like the boxers, my fighters are all competent and experienced according to their own goals and abilities. Some compete.

The real martial arts is a way of life with good philosophy and personal power.

One of the martial arts components is ability.
Fighting is not an ability test only. Regardless of physical ability, bad character makes a bad fighter win, lose or draw.

in my opinion, the West is way too focused on entertainment and sadly that leads to corruption in competitions, big money, politics and crime.

As the Japanese say. Martial arts a way of life comparable to swordsmanship or even the sword itself.
Keep it sharp and don’t let rust accumulate. Don’t be careless or your own blade can cut you.
Exercise responsibility and good judgement or you’ll apply it wrongly.
A cut from a sword is difficult to heal or repair.

The modern martial arts originated in the Greek Olympics and was carried across to Asia by Alexander the Great.

With my students I discuss the 'Fables of Aesop' 600BC  and other relevant philosophies.
I present a non-fanatical Christian family example in life.

Train, think, learn, improve, endure, adapt and win.

13 Comments to Martial Arts:

Comments RSS
+685+ on Thursday, 1 March 2018 7:12 PM

academic writing on Sunday, 4 March 2018 9:08 PM
Martial arts enroll the commando intelligence training and better defense masters always,keep sharing trainersonthebay blog. The more opponent handful complete ability for physical personal techniques.

bestessays com au on Thursday, 10 May 2018 1:22 AM
I think that Karate is pretty good for the kids. What can you say about that, friend?

Charter Bundle on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 5:59 PM
Very useful article for me, there is more information I have is very important. Thank you I'm glad you could get out of it to share

Home Internet Service on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 6:15 PM
This article is well written and very informative. I really like this site because it offers loads of information to its followers.

asa on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 7:50 PM
hello there

superior papers on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 7:54 PM
Wow. Karate classes are not just for like skill that you wan to earn to be able to defend yourself in times that you need to defend yourself, it also is something to build the self confidence, and the characteristic of being responsible. I also attended classes for karate and I should say that I was able to learn a lot. To carry myself, to be responsible and to be ready for anything. I should say that this is very fun and enjoyable experience. thanks for sharing your experiences too.

Dissertation Writing Services on Saturday, 11 August 2018 12:12 PM
It is not easy to lean martial arts because there are lot of things and techniques involved that a person can learn only after having a hard training and practice.

paid essay service on Wednesday, 22 August 2018 12:29 AM
They are really popular nowadays. Do you know why? There is a reason for that.

asd on Tuesday, 4 September 2018 11:12 AM
asd

asdasd on Tuesday, 4 September 2018 1:35 PM
asd
Reply to comment

www.resumeshelpservice.com/resumeprime-com-good-choice/ on Thursday, 13 September 2018 11:13 AM
This is so cool. I have been following people who have been very interested in martial arts. I personally grew up in an orphanage where there were martial arts classes being offered for free I tried various martial arts and ended up with karate. I am really proud of your courage because as someone who was able to achieve that kind of rank you must have been very disciplined and you must have been so strong that you tried all the possible training that you could think of. Continue the great work.

custom concrete services on Tuesday, 25 September 2018 12:30 AM
You had a very nice portfolio / skills but I think every people who want to enroll in karate has to take into consideration is not the achievements rather than the discipline that they will be getting in the program.